Say Goodbye to Spam & Inbox Clutter with These 10 Proven Tips and Tricks 5 min read · Written by Mae R Davis on · Stop spam.
Email is an essential part of modern communication, but spam and unwanted messages can quickly turn it into an unwieldy mess. To help you keep your inbox clean and organized, here are ten tricks and tips for blocking spam and uncluttering your inbox.
- Use a spam filter: Most email providers come with built-in spam filters that can help automatically sort out unwanted messages. To improve their effectiveness, mark any messages that slip through as spam, so your provider can learn what you consider unwanted.
- Create filters or rules: You can create filters or rules to automatically sort messages into different folders or have them deleted. For example, you can have all email newsletters automatically sent to a separate folder, or have emails from specific senders automatically deleted.
- Unsubscribe from unwanted email lists: Unsubscribing from email lists you no longer want to receive can reduce the amount of spam you receive. This is often as simple as clicking an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of an email.
- Block email addresses: If you're getting unwanted emails from a specific sender, you can block their address so you no longer receive messages from them. This is usually done in your email provider's settings.
- Use a disposable email address: If you're unsure about the security of a website or service, you can use a disposable email address instead of your main email. This way, if the website or service starts sending unwanted emails, you can simply delete the disposable email address and not have to worry about blocking individual addresses.
- Use a separate email address for subscriptions: Consider using a separate email address for signing up for subscriptions, newsletters, and other communications. This way, if you start receiving unwanted emails, you can easily block the address without affecting your main inbox.
- Be wary of attachments: Attachments can often be a source of viruses and other malicious software. Be wary of attachments from unknown senders, and consider using a program such as antivirus software to scan attachments before opening them.
- Be cautious of links: Just like attachments, links can also be a source of malware. Be cautious of links in emails from unknown senders, and hover over the link to see the URL before clicking it.
- Use Email Monster: Email Monster allows for unlimited forwarding addresses and gives you the ability to turn on or off any sender or mailbox to stop spam. This can help you keep your inbox organized and free from unwanted messages. Email monster also allows delaying incoming emails, so you don't have to let newsletter clutter your inbox all week.
- Regularly clean out your inbox: Finally, it's important to regularly clean out your inbox. This means deleting old messages, archiving important ones, and organizing them into folders. By doing this regularly, you can help keep your inbox clean and uncluttered.
To conclude! 💁♂️💁♀️ Spam and unwanted messages can quickly turn your inbox into a mess, but there are a variety of tools and techniques you can use to help keep it clean and organized. From using spam filters to creating filters and rules to being cautious of attachments and links, these tips and tricks will help you stay on top of your inbox. So, try out these tips today and enjoy a cleaner and more organized inbox!